Vanessa Liu dreamt of becoming an astronaut but became an entrepreneur instead. She is a business builder, digital media entrepreneur and technology innovator. She has been founding, launching and re-launching six businesses for more than 20 years and has always been at the forefront of innovation. After launching a digital media venture fund, she now heads SAP.iO Foundries in North America, which are SAP’s accelerators for B2B enterprise startups. In this very first episode of our podcast, we’re getting her insights on her own journey, her take on why few women receive funding and what we can do to change that. Tune in for clear insights, actionable advice and personal stories (like the one about her 79-year old mom counting Cardi B among her clients).
- Vanessa on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessawliu/ and Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nsNlBkvzHM
- Learn all about SAP.iO on our website https://sap.io/ or follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/sap.io/
- Heidi Messer (born August 28, 1969) is an American Internet entrepreneur and investor who has founded several global businesses, most notably LinkShare (sold in 2005 for $425 million) and Collective[i]. Collective[i] Forecast is a series of live, virtual events, that features the world’s preeminent leaders and innovators sharing their knowledge about the innovation that is disrupting and transforming how we work and live (Guests include Eric Schmidt and Avi Loeb).
- Phil Knight – Shoe dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike: Link
- Tony Hsieh – Delivering Happiness: Link
- Fred Wilson’s blog: https://avc.com/
- Albert Wenger’s blog: https://continuations.com/
- Clubhouse: https://www.joinclubhouse.com/