Welcome to openSAP Invites! I’m your host, Elisabeth Riemann, and in this episode, we’ve invited Christian Friedl, Senior Lecturer at the Institute of International Management in Graz, Austria to talk to us about the BizMOOC Knowledge Alliance. It was founded in 2016 to enable a European-wide exploitation of the potential of MOOCs (for anyone who’s new to the topic – that’s, Massive Open Online Courses), for the world of business.
We’ll be highlighting the course “Intrapreneurship – Employee-Driven Innovations”, which ran on openSAP between February and March this year. We’ll be talking intrapreneurship, entrepreneurship, and the difference between the two. I’m keen to learn more about his research into learners’ intentions to discover whether MOOCs, like these are entertainment, edutainment, or more? With a bit of luck, I hope we can persuade Chris to share some of his first findings from the course surveys. Let’s see.
Guest: Christian Friedl
Senior Lecturer at the Institute of International Management at FH JOANNEUM
University of Applied Sciences in Graz (AT)
(Entrepreneurship, Business Development, and Project Management)
Christian’s research focuses on (corporate) entrepreneurship, university-business corporation, and edupreneurship. He’s leader of the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Austria, founder and coordinator of several EU-wide research initiatives (e.g. CORSHIP – Corporate Edupreneurship, BizMOOC – Knowledge Alliance on business MOOCs or KTU – Establishing University Knowledge Transfer Units) and develoing MOOCs and innovative trainings for companies to nurture innovation skills. Christian holds Master´s degrees in Business Administration, Environmental System Sciences, and European Project and Public Management and is Doctoral Candidate at the University of Graz. Besides academia, he was an entrepreneur in the music industry.
- Learning Opportunities
- BizMOOC Intrapreneurship MOOC: https://open.sap.com/courses/bizmooc1 (self-paced learning and access to assignments until June 30, 2020)
- Corship Co-Innovation Journey for Startups and Corporates (currently running): https://mooc.house/courses/corship2020
- Corship Micro-Credential and Co-Innovation Builder: www.corship.eu
- References & Recommendations
- University of Applied Sciences, Graz, Insitute of International Management: https://www.fh-joanneum.at/institut/international-management/
- Research/Theories – Theory of Planned Behavior: https://people.umass.edu/aizen/tpb.html
- BizMOOC https://bizmooc.eu & mooc-book.eu
- Social Media
- openSAP News & Reviews:
- Digital Learning Initiative: https://open.sap.com
- Microlearning: https://open.sap.com/microlearning
- Unlocked self-paced learning: https://open.sap.com/courses?q=unlocked
Hosted by Elisabeth Riemann – Senior Knowledge Consultant & Product Manager, openSAP