Welcome to a special Thought Leader episode with V.R. Ferose dedicated to the topic of lifelong learning and how we can master this skill.
I’m your host Elisabeth Riemann and I’m truly delighted to share this episode with you! While learning is a passion that unites us all, we’re also united through our challenges. Maintaining our focus, staying motivated, and finding time are familiar struggles we can all identify with. I share this experience with you and am grateful to welcome Ferose to openSAP to encourage us to re-think our approach to learning by staying curious and realizing that we have the opportunity to learn and grow in everything we do.
I hope you’ll enjoy this episode as much as we did recording it and that it provides you with a new thirst to learn and succeed!
Guest: V.R. Ferose
Senior Vice President, Head of SAP Academy for Engineering, SAP SE
Based in Palo Alto, USA, Ferose heads the SAP Academy for Engineering. The mission of the organization is to create the next generation of engineers involved in solving some of the most complex problems in the world.
Ferose was formerly head of the Globalization Services unit and responsible for enabling the global adoption of SAP products worldwide. At 33, he became Managing Director of SAP Labs India and held this post for over 5 years, during which he transformed SAP Labs India into an innovation hub. In 2012, the company was recognized as a “Great place to work” in India for the very first time.
Ferose is Chairperson on the Board of Specialisterne USA, a not-for-profit foundation with the goal to create one million jobs for people with autism and similar challenges. He is founder of the non-profit India Inclusion Foundation, which aims to bring the topic of inclusion to the forefront in India. This foundation’s initiatives include the India Inclusion Summit, The Inclusion Fellowship ,and The Inclusive Walkathon.
Ferose has co-authored a best-selling book on people with disabilities, GIFTED. The book has been translated into four Indian regional languages. The Kannada translation won the prestigious Karnataka Sahitya Academy Award. He also authored “Innovating the World: The Globalization Advantage” and “GRIT: The Major Story”. Ferose teaches “Personal Leadership” at Columbia University, New York and is a columnist for New Indian Express and Mint.
Honors & Achievements
- ‘Young Global Leader’ in March 2012 by the World Economic Forum
- ‘India’s Top 40 under 40’ – 2014byEconomic Times and Spencer Stuart.
- ‘Rising star’ at SAP by Business Insider in 2016
- ‘Happiness Hall of Fame’ inductee at Stanford in 2016.
- Eagle Award by Disability Rights Advocates (DRA) 2016 for advancing equal rights for people with disabilities.
- AUCD award by Senator Tom Harkin in March 2017 for his groundbreaking initiative at SAP – ‘Autism at Work’.
- Leadership Energy Award, Kuala Lumpur in November 2017 for showing that Diversity and Inclusion makes business sense.
- Lifetime achievement award for Global Philanthropy in 2018 by Transperfect
- India Living Awards for Thought Leadership in 2018 by Global Adjustments
References & Recommendations
- A five step guide to mastering the art of lifelong Learning: https://www.livemint.com/opinion/columns/opinion-a-five-step-guide-to-master-the-art-of-lifelong-learning-11582815602580.html
- What will learning look like in a post pandemic world: https://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2020/06/12/what-will-learning-look-like-in-a-post-pandemic-world/#7a8ebfbd6b61
- 5 ways to design our lives for impermanence: https://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2020/03/20/5-ways-to-design-our-lives-for-impermanence/#417e27ff4b2e
- Designing for inclusion: https://idronline.org/designing-for-inclusion/
- Leadership Talk with Dr APJ Abdul Kalam (former President of India): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwwcaT-3tkU&t=11s
- Documentary: Jiro Dreams of Sushi
Follow Ferose on Twitter @VRFerose
Hosted by Elisabeth Riemann – Senior Knowledge Consultant & Product Manager, openSAP