Welcome to openSAP Invites, I’m your host, Antonio Soto. In this episode, I will have a conversation with two guest experts from Red Hat, Ricardo Garcia and Markus Koch. Automation has become a key feature in current IT organizations. Software technology End User demand is constantly increasing driven by changing market conditions and the democratization of IT. IT organizations must react faster and more flexibly with limited resources as they tend to IT infrastructure requirements. Automation helps to reproduce complete software deployments and system configurations much faster with considerable error reductions. Red Hat’s Ansible Automation Platform allows for the administration of the entire lifecycle of RHEL servers such as patching, security fixes, subscriptions, Red Hat Insights, and the SaaS that makes sure that all the RHEL hosts are compliant with Red Hat’s and other vendors’ recommendations (like SAP) based on their respective customers policies. Red Hat’s Ansible technology can be an effective solution that can help SAP Basis Administrators manage automation workflows across multiple SAP Software solutions.
Guest: Ricardo Garcia – Principal Portfolio Architect
Ricardo joined Red Hat in October 2019, initially being part of the Services team as an architect focused on SAP workloads, providing solutions for customers involving automation and integration technologies. Currently he works in the Portfolio Architecture team creating reference architectures with all the products of Red Hat’s portfolio.
Guest: Markus Koch – Technical Enablement Manager SAP
Markus joined Red Hat in October 2010 and since 2017 he works as a Partner Enablement Manager in the EMEA Partner Team, helping our partners to understand, sell and implement SAP solutions with Red Hat products. He joined as Presales for Red Hat’s global accounts managed out of Germany, helping his customers building ITIL compliant data center operations. He is a co-founder of the SAP Ansible Automation project (https://sap-linuxlab.github.io) Previous stations in his career include Sun Microsystems and EMC
References & Recommendations
- Self Paced Training Labs – This is a good starting point for admins to get their hands dirty
- openSAP course about Red Hat automation for SAP – Good starting point to learn ansible in conjunction with SAP collection
- Smart Management for SAP – Introduction to the Smart Management Architecture
- Managing SAP workloads on Azure with automation – Blog on how to manage SAP workload on Azure
- [Part I – Overview] Deploying SAP S/4HANA Systems Using The Red Hat Portfolio – Blog series on how t use the Ansible collections
- SAP Linuxlab GitHub organization – This is the place to collaborate with the engineering teams for the SAP collections, to ask questions and file feature requests
- Ricardo Garcia
- Markus Koch
Hosted by Antonio Soto – openSAP Project Manager, SAP Learning