Guest Speaker: Vikas Shah MBE DLEntrepreneur | Non-Executive Director | Investor
Over the last 5 years, as we have moved into the “era of experiences”, we have become much more mindful of the experiences that we create for our people. We hear statements such as “being human centric”, “creating a great employee experience”, “treating colleagues as consumers”. The key question however – why has it become so important? Hasn’t it always been important?
This episode will explore the thoughts and insights of Vikas Shah, MBE DL, who has championed a “human centric” approach for the last decade. Indeed an article he wrote back in 2015 inspired a group of people at SAP to take step back and take a look at how we designed a different way to work with and help our customers to navigate change. The article truly inspired us to think differently, but it also opened our eyes to how difficult it can be to change the culture of an organisation, to influence others to think differently and we will discuss some of those points today.
– Understand what a human centred approach really means
– Vikas broke design thinking into 3 x different parts – what drove that thinking.
– The importance of being “human centred” today, more than ever.
– What stops organisations from following this approach – fear, cultural, its too hard, they don’t get it, they don’t care!
– How has Vikas’s thinking evolved taking into account the shifting sands of the modern world
– Top Tips / Guidance for Listeners
Guest: Vikas Shah, MBE DL | Entrepreneur |Non-Executive Director | Investor