Guest: David Hieatt, Co-Founder of Hiut Denim and Co-Founder The DO Lectures
Our brand is a commitment. It is a commitment to our customers and to the people who work with us. It signifies something, it means something. It connects people, creates communities and it can inspire. Many brands bring with them a philosophy – a desire to do something in a certain way, with a certain style. It is often reflected in mindsets and behaviour. In an organisational context, its fast becoming an imperative. One of the things we have learnt from the impact of the pandemic – employees are making clear choices and decisions about where they want to work and how. Research has long told us that organisations that truly create an environment that enables all employees to be their best, feel connected/engaged outperform the competition.
This episode will delve into the experience of David in growing brands and executing powerfully through his people. As David once said “you hire great people and then get out of their way” – we will tap into David’s philosophy for his business, his people and the role of every single employee in the success of his organisation. We will also discuss the ideas and passion that seek to differentiate and progress the industry that Hiut is a part of. As always, we hope to pick up a tip or two a little bit of wisdom from David’s experiences with his own companies and through his amazing work @ dolectures.
– Introduction to Hiut and Dolectures
– A perspective on “brand” and how you bring that commitment to life
– The importance of philosophy and how it can differentiate?
– How you create an inclusive environment where everyone buys into the philosophy and become brand ambassadors?
– From a growth perspective – how has Hiut scaled and grown the brand and brought it life?
– Lessons learnt and top tips….