In this episode, Christoph Haffner meets with Andreas Kunz, lead architect and co-founder of the UI5 project, to take you on a journey of discovery through the history of UI5. They talk about how it all started, which demands the framework has to fulfil and why open source is a matter of course for the UI5 team. Andreas tells the inside story with lots of little anecdotes on the history of UI5. He will explain the basic features of UI5 as well as differences and dependencies between SAPUI5, OpenUI5, SAP Fiori, SAP Fiori elements, and UI5 Web Components.
This episode is a new edition of the very first UI5 NewsCast episode, which was at that time still in German. This new edition is in English and also covers some topics. So give it a listen and tune in for a deep dive into key insights, best practices, community, and more!
Getting started with SAPUI5:
Related UI5 NewsCast Episodes
- UI5 NewsCast 001 Februar 2018 (German) – with Andreas Kunz
- UI5 NewsCast 009 SAP Fiori Overview – with Kai Richter
- UI5 NewsCast 008 Web Components – with Peter Muessig
- UI5 NewsCast 017 SAP Fiori Elements – with Katja Zoch and Sebastian Steinhauer
- UI5 NewsCast 021 SAPUI5 Flexibility – All You Need to Know – with Christian Voshage and Dominik Konle
Related Blog Posts
- A Brief History of OpenUI5 (and SAPUI5) by Andreas Kunz
- What is OpenUI5 / SAPUI5 by Andreas Kunz
- UI5 Framework and UI5 Web Components by Peter Muessig