In this episode, our host Karsten Hohage talks with Johannes Bechberger, who is an open-source developer at SAP. They discuss why and how Johannes promotes his work on SapMachine, OpenJDK, and profiling through blogging, speaking at conferences, and having a presence on social media. Johannes also shares tips and learnings collected on his journey of “doing good and talking about it”.
Johannes Bechberger currently works as a JVM developer in the SapMachine team at SAP. His responsibilities include making improvements to async-profiler and its ecosystem, as well as improving the FirefoxProfiler, which enables it to be usable in the Java world. In addition to his many contributions to open source, he also runs a successful blog, where he regularly writes about in-depth profiling and debugging.
SAP People: https://people.sap.com/parttimenerd
- SapMachine: https://sapmachine.io https://github.com/SAP/SapMachine
- Async Profiler: https://github.com/async-profiler/async-profiler
- Firefox Profiler based IntelliJ plugin: https://github.com/parttimenerd/intellij-profiler-plugin
- Sweet SapMachine on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SweetSapMachine
- The Open Source Way – Compiler History: https://podcast.opensap.info/open-source-way/2021/10/27/compiler-history-the-open-source-in-your-favorite-1990s-first-person-shooter/
- The Open Source Way – SapMachine and OpenJDK: https://podcast.opensap.info/open-source-way/2021/12/29/sapmachine-the-openjdk-for-all-things-sap/
- Foojay Podcast #14: Debugging Tools and Skills for Fun and Profit: https://foojay.io/today/foojay-podcast-14/
- SAP Open Source Program Office
- Additional Downloads:
Hosted by Karsten Hohage – Product Expert in Technology and Innovation (T&I)